Sunday, March 1, 2009

Algunas fotitas

Here are a few of the photos I have taken over the past month:



Casa Luz, where I work. To the right is the daycare, and through the main closed door behind brown bars is the main building with offices, living areas and bathrooms, the kitchen and eating area, and a little playground.


My house. The bars open like a garage door to the side. My room is the front on the right.

My host brother- farthest back- and two other men helping put up the roof of the rent house my family is building next door. All the progress was since Monday, as my host dad is in construction.















This is a bushel of fresh chamomile flowers at the farmer's market that happens every weekend in Alajuela.



My host mom at the farmer's market, buying produce.







Me, after the beach last weekend, and though you can't really tell there, my hair is starting to look a lot blonder.







 Me with one of the little girls, Rachel, when we were celebrating the birthday of Don Eldon, the owner of Casa Luz. He and his wife are from Canada, but have a hotel in San Jose and founded Casa Luz when they realized the need for such a place for young women in need. 



1 comment:

  1. These photos are awesome!
    I did notice that your hair is getting lighter. And longer! I don't even think I'll recognize you when you come back to Grinnell.

    Keep up the great work. Everyone from the floor asks about you still, so I'll direct them to this blog asap.

    ReplyDelete