Friday, April 3, 2009

El paseo al Sierpe de Osa

This past weekend I went with my host family on a tour to Osa, a small beach town about 6 hours by bus South of Alajuela on the Pacific Coast. Actually, it's on a river, the Sierpe, that leads out to the ocean. We took a small boat out to an island where whales and dolphins often swim nearby, and though I missed seeing a humpback's tail, I did see lots of dolphins and two jumped up out of the water. Here are a few pictures of the river, and one of me with a Tres Leches birthday cake in Casa Luz. The clam-like things is a seed, closed and opened, from one of the trees along the river bank. The "family photo" from left to right is of a friend of my host dad, a neighbor, me, my host dad, mom, and sister, and the son of the neighbor. Her husband took the photo.

























1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous that these people get to spend time with you! Your time in Costa Rica looks/sounds amazing.

    I'm very excited for you to come home cheetah girl, cheetah sistah.

    Love, Evesies

    ReplyDelete